Environmental Policy Statement
Páirc an Chrócaigh CTR is responsible for the management and operation of Croke Park Stadium. Páirc an Chrócaigh CTR is committed to ensuring that our environmental responsibility underpins our core values within the operation of Croke Park Stadium including its responsibilities as a member of the local community.
Páirc an Chrócaigh CTR recognises that the stadium and its associated events and activities have an impact on the environment and is committed to continually minimising identified impacts and associated aspects. The stadium functions under an Environmental Management System and is committed to:
- The principal of best practice. The stadium is currently certified to the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, ISO 20121 Sustainable Event Management standard and BS OHSAS 18001:2007 Safety Standard.
- Fulfilling all legal and regulatory environmental requirements and regularly evaluating compliance with such requirements.
- The prevention of pollution by managing stadium events and activities in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Setting and achieving objectives and targets that ensure continual improvement in environmental management.
- Promoting efficient energy management and utilisation.
- Monitoring water usage and investigating method of conservation throughout 2019.
- Managing waste and developing recycling initiatives within the stadium and maintaining the stadium’s achievement of 0% to landfill throughout 2019.
- Communicating this policy and relevant environmental procedures to staff, contractors and suppliers and promoting the adoption of environmentally sound practices by suppliers and contractors.
Compliance with this policy will be regularly evaluated and reported to Management by the Environmental, Sustainability & Safety Management Group. Management sets an example and reviews progress while success will come from the combined efforts of all staff and contractors to strive for continual improvement.
Peadar Mac Cionnaith
Stadium & Commercial Director