EMEA PUG Challenge
Event: Technology User Conference
Sector: International Association
Date: 10 – 12 October 2018
PUG (Progress User Group) Challenge is a conference for programmers, developers, software architects, database administrators, business analysts and salespeople who use Progress technology products to develop or run business systems. Members of 11 Progress user groups from 30 countries across Europe attended this conference to network and discuss the latest innovations in the Progress product portfolio, industry trends and best practices.
The event ran over three days and delegates were accommodated in The Croke Park. Events included use of eight breakout rooms accommodating various groups from 25 – 250 delegates. The Hogan Suite & Foyer was used for catering, networking and exhibition spaces.
Evening events included a Welcome Reception and a Street Food Party with live interactive chef stations, live music and a wide range of gaming activations.
Specific Requirements & Solutions
- HD Wi-Fi – Ultra high speed, high density Wi-Fi was a must and Croke Park’s WiFi infrastructure which supports up to 40k devices was the best venue network available
- Power & AV – A crucial requirement with delegates working on laptops was a complicated power and AV network across conference, breakout and networking spaces delivered by venue partners Haughton & Young and AVCOM
- Support Staff – Croke Park engaged customer care staff for welcome, registration and wayfinding ensuring the client could focus on the event content delivery
- Registration delivery – Croke Park’s team managed an intervention by their courier company when the client’s registration kit shipping threatened to derail opening day plans
- Team Comms - Croke Park set up comms app services to manage a real time service response between the main organisers, room facilitators and venue operations.