Our Top 10 of 2017 at Croke Park Meetings & Events
To say it was a “good year” at Croke Park Meetings & Events would be like saying Coldplay played a good gig in July or Dublin had a good win over Tyrone in the All Ireland Football Semi Final in August – in fairness, they smashed it and so did we! Let’s take a look at our Top 10 highlights of 2017.
1. In January we were ranked No 1 - Best Stadium Venue in the United Kingdom and Ireland by UK magazine, C&IT, Conference & Incentive Travel. We beat off stiff competition from the likes of Twickenham, Wembley, The Emirates and our friendly competitor across the Liffey. #goodstart
2. July brought the prestigious Event Industry Awards and 2 industry accolades for Croke Park Meetings & Events - Best In-House Events Team for the second year in a row and Best Purpose Built Venue. #proud
Best In-House Events Team 2017
3. We love keeping in touch and were delighted to welcome almost 3k more fans / friends / followers who joined the @CrokeParkEvents conversation across our channels this year. #JoinOurConversation
4. Though we hate to say goodbye (Sinead, Martina) we were thrilled to welcome 4 wonderful new #eventprofs this year - Gavin, Aisling, Fionnuala and Maeve. #TeamCrokePark
5. We also welcomed fellow northsiders U2 back to the stadium for the 5th time this Summer following a Coldplay gig which was recently voted the most popular live event in Ireland in the last 20 years!
6. Exciting times in July with our very own Event of the Future - our first in house designed and curated event which attracted over 350 delegates to debate topics from across the events spectrum. Bringing over a dozen experts together, the event opened the dialogue on the evolution of meetings and events and what the future holds. The wrap party introduced delegates to a new edgy indoor / outdoor urban events space on level 3 and our Stadium Street Food menu. #EOTFDublin
Event of the Future #EOTFDublin
7. We met over 700 turkeys at Maperath farm in October on one of Ruairí’s supplier visits. Farm to Fork is far from a cliché here as the catering team work with farmers and growers to bring local seasonal ingredients to the heart of our new menus. #TasteOfCrokePark
8. It's Christmas and we’re in the middle of a hugely successful run of private and shared Christmas Party nights which our very own Elf has helped us apply the ‘Sparkle’ to! #SparkleCrokePark
9. Would you believe that 90k covers were served here at Croke Park over one week in September!! #TasteOfCrokePark
10. We’re delighted to be featured in the 10 Event Trends for 2018 for our broad sustainability credentials and maintaining 0% waste to landfill again in 2017!
Meetings & Events Top 10 of 2017
So there you go, folks. An unforgettable year. And what, you might ask, is in store for 2018 and beyond? Well, huge behind the scenes planning activity that is exciting beyond belief. Join the @CrokeParkEvents conversation to keep in touch and find out more…
Merry Christmas everyone. We hope you have a wonderful break and a Happy New Year.