Friends of the GAA Museum
Are you looking for the perfect gift for GAA fans?
A novel gift idea for someone with a passion for GAA, history or culture is an exclusive annual membership to the GAA Museum’s ‘Friends of the GAA Museum’ programme.
Friendship has always been at the heart of the GAA so it gives us great pleasure to introduce ‘Friends of the GAA Museum’, a new programme built around supporting the Museum’s mission:
“As the national custodian of the all the archives and artefacts of the Gaelic Athletic Association, the GAA Museum is dedicated to promoting an appreciation of the values, culture and history of Gaelic Games. These aims will be pursued through preserving, researching, interpreting, exhibiting and providing access to our heritage and honouring those who have made an outstanding contribution to our national games.”
By becoming a friend of the GAA Museum, you will make a crucial contribution to its ongoing and future development. Funds raised through the programme will assist in the acquisition of artefacts and documents, care of collections and enhancements to existing displays.
For an annual membership of €100, friends will receive:
- A membership card
- A welcome pack including a GAA Museum gift
- Complimentary access to the Museum throughout the year for you and a guest
- An invitation for you and a guest to an annual gala event at the Museum
- An invitation for you and a guest to a yearly special guided tour of the Museum by the GAA Museum Curator
- A monthly e-zine on everything that’s happening at the Museum
- Two complimentary Croke Park Stadium Tour tickets
- 20% discount on all GAA Museum Shop merchandise*
- 20% discount at the GAA Museum’s Blackthorn Café *
Our friendship invitation is exclusive, as we can only offer 200 annual friendships. Don’t miss this opportunity to be a unique part of the both the GAA’s past and future.
Your support today is hugely appreciated and will help us to inspire the generations of tomorrow. We look forward to many years of friendship to come.
Become a friend today.
* Discounts are non-transferable and cannot be used by third parties
Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh made 'Honorary Friend'
To celebrate the launch of this new initiative, broadcaster and commentator Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh was made an ‘Honorary Friend of the GAA Museum’ in recognition of his legendary contribution as the voice of Gaelic Games for more than six decades. An official presentation will be made to Mícheál at the first Friends annual gala event.