Covid-19 Updates for the GAA Museum & Tours
For now our games at Croke Park may be on hold but you can still visit the stadium this summer on one of our award-winning tours!
With the health of our staff and visitors our priority, the GAA Museum team have worked to ensure a safe and enjoyable family day out as tours begin again. Social distancing will be in place and all hygiene and cleaning advice will be strictly followed.
Please follow the new safety signage in place. Play by the rules and stay safe.
Here’s an overview of the changes or view this video with our tour guides to walk you through the experience.
Stadium Tour & Skyline Tours
We’ve reduced the numbers on our tours to make social distancing easy at all times - in July our tours will be running at 25% capacity.
Our Skyline Tour will operate the same route and duration as before. Find out more about our thrilling Skyline Tour on crokepark.ie/skyline
For the month of July, we’re operating a shorter route on our Stadium Tour, which brings you behind-the-scenes on the Cusack side of the stadium only. We've reduced our admission prices for July in line with this. Find out more about our Stadium Tour on crokepark.ie/stadiumtour
Advance Online Booking Only
All tours must be booked online in advance. Book your tour and timeslot on crokepark.ie/tours
Visitors with tour vouchers must also book in advance by emailing [email protected]
After your tour, access to the GAA Museum is complimentary but limited to 30 minutes. Here you can view exhibitions and collections that tell the story of the Gaelic games from ancient times to present day. Unfortunately, tickets for a standalone visit to the GAA Museum are currently unavailable.
Find out more about the GAA Museum on crokepark.ie/gaamuseum
Arriving For Your Tour
All tours begin at the GAA Museum in the Cusack Stand. Entry is via St. Joseph’s Avenue. Turn at the Daybreak shop on Clonliffe Road. There is no entry to the GAA Museum via the Hogan Stand or Jones Road. For more information on getting here visit crokepark.ie/getting-here/parking-for-gaa-museum-tours
There’s ample free car and bike parking available.
Admission will be five minutes before your tour is scheduled to depart. Please do not arrive too early as you will be asked to wait outside in a socially distanced queue.
There will be two queuing systems - one for the next scheduled Stadium Tour and one for the next scheduled Skyline tour.
Our team will be on hand to make sure you know where to go and your tour guide will meet you outside to start the tour at the appointed time.
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate late arrivals.
The museum’s Blackthorn Café will operate a takeaway service only. The café can be visited after your tour has finished. The café will be accepting contactless payment only, no cash will be accepted.
The GAA Museum gift shop will also re-open and you can visit the shop after your tour. A limited number of people will be allowed in the shop so you may have to join a socially distanced queue before entering. We encourage visitors to pay using a contactless method where possible.
For Your Safety
- Before visiting the GAA Museum & Tours, visitors should assess their health. Do not visit if you have symptoms of COVID-19, are self-isolating, are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test or have been in contact with someone who has the virus.
- Patrons who do not adhere to the health and safety protocols outlined by staff while visiting the GAA Museum will be asked to leave immediately.
- If you feel more comfortable wearing a face mask during your visit, we encourage you to do so.
- Visitor lockers in the GAA Museum cannot be used at this time.
- We regret that our multi-media devices will not be available on our tours.
- Unfortunately, the Interactive Games Zone and our children’s Den will remain closed for now.
- Toilets are available on-site. They will operate on a one-in and one-out system so bear in mind that you may have to queue. Baby changing facilities and wheelchair access toilet are also available.
- The tour route is fully wheelchair accessible. If possible, please let us know in advance if you are visiting with additional or different needs.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere in Croke Park.
- Touching or stepping on the Croke Park pitch is strictly prohibited.
- It is essential that you remain with your tour guide for the duration of your tour.
- All children/minors must be supervised at all times during their visit by parent/ guardian.