Join the Croke Park Stewarding Team
Do you want to be part of the match day action?
Croke Park Stadium will be recruiting for Voluntary Safety Stewards in early 2020. For more information and to express your interest please email [email protected]
To be part of the match day action, the following criteria is required:
- Aged from 18 years old
- Available at weekends
- Active and enthusiastic
- Customer focused
- An interest in GAA would be beneficial
Role of Voluntary Stewards on event days
The main role of a volunteer safety steward is to maintain a safe and secure environment in your given area and to be familiar with the stadium ground regulations, ensuring that any breach of these regulations is brought to a safe conclusion.
- Crowd control – sideline duty, stand vomitories, crowd management, reporting any potential incidents or incidents which have occurred to the relevant supervisor.
- Emergency procedures – e.g. assisting with stadium evacuation
- Customer care – usher and assist patrons, disability awareness assistance, direct patrons to designated smoking areas, catering units, stadium facilities and recycling banks
- Media – assist with photographers and reporters pitch side
- Match day miscellaneous – dressing rooms, players' tunnel duties, etc.
The process to become a successful team member:
- Attend one of our open interviews (Interviews can be arranged in the stadium with Elaine, which typically take 20 minutes, for more information and to express your interest please email [email protected])
- You will be asked to complete an application form at the interview.
- If successful at interview stage you will be required to be Garda Vetted.
- On completion and clearance of Garda Vetting you will be invited to attend an induction (these are held on match days and include a tour and a couple of hours stewarding).
Stewards will be trained and accredited by the GAA National Facilities, Health & Safety Committee. Voluntary Stewards benefits are not paid in monetary terms. However, every event day they are provided with a meal voucher, tea/coffee/bottles of water and a free match day programme. There are also a number of Stewards functions including Stewards drinks receptions and the Annual Stewards Awards Night.
For further information please contact Elaine Casey at [email protected]